Life and Changes
So it has been six months since I last made a post and like life anywhere else, it has moved along and there have been changes and also things that have stayed the same.
I have had changes with the co-teachers I work with. I now work with 5 co-teachers. My co-teachers at my girls middle school both moved on and now I have Ji Yeon and Zac as my co-teachers there. I like both of them. Zac is entertaining and always working to improve his English. Sometimes he stumps me with the questions that he asks.
Ji Yeon is very much a motherly type and is very pleasant to work with. I can tell she has had experience working with NETs (Native English Teachers) because class flows so smoothly with her. She knows exactly when to step in and how to help.
The other teachers I work with are still the same except that Mrs. Shin had moved on to another school.
I am extremely lucky to have the co-teachers I have and I am so grateful for them.
They are also a major part of why I decided to stay another year in Korea and teach here in Taebaek.
There are also some major changes with the other NETs in town.
Two of my closest friends in Taebaek are returning to their home countries. One of them leaves tomorrow and the other will leave at the end of September. I will miss them both dearly. They have made my experience here so much richer. But as I have come to realize more and more, the life of an expat is one of constant change.
People come and go, so you must enjoy them while you have them and then let them go. I think this is one of the lessons I have been learning, not to hold tightly to anything, even people, because everything is temporary. Things and people come into your life and then go. All you can do is enjoy them while they are here.
So with this next year in Korea, I plan to enjoy things to the fullest while I can. I hope this year is as good as the last if not better. And hopefully I will remember to update this blog more frequently.
Sidenote: I have also added my Instagram to my profile where I post pictures quite frequently if you are interested.

Comments
Post a Comment