The Face Shop Real Nature Mask Mung Bean Review

The Face Shop Real Nature Mask Mung Bean Review


The Face Shop had a buy 10 get 5 sheet mask sale a couple weeks ago so I jumped at the chance to try a bunch of sheet masks. 
My local The Face Shop has a relatively small section of sheet masks and the kinds available change regularly. I picked a few of each kind and will be reviewing them as I try them.
This week I tried the Mung Bean flavour and was pleasantly surprised. I had seen poor reviews on the Mung Bean mask but I was still curious as to how it would react to my skin.

The Fit:

I believe all of the Real Nature Masks have a similar fit as I have tried a couple before and this mask was no exception. The mask fits decently but it seems like I either have an oddly shaped mouth or the mouth hole on the mask is cut for someone with a very round mouth. I had to keep adjusting the fabric around the mouth so that it wouldn't slide over my lips or fall below my chin. Aside from that the rest of the mask fit fairly well to my face.

The Essence:

I have to say that I enjoyed the fragrance of the essence. It had a light pleasant smell that is hard to describe . . . probably because I have no previous experience with mung bean. 
The packaging claims that mung bean clarifies and smooths the skin. I found that the essence sunk in nicely and left a nice glow to my skin. As for smoothness, my skin was quite smooth after the mask but I cannot attest to whether that was because of the mask or the exfoliation I had done before applying the mask.
The next day my skin still had a nice glow and felt plump and some of the acne spots I had from the previous day were significantly less red. 



Overall:

Would I repurchase this mask: Potentially. I would definitely consider it if there was another sale on masks but I am also trying other brands as well.
It wasn't amazing but it definitely added some hydration and reduced some redness so I would consider buying it again. It's not a bad buy for less than $2 on sale.




Comments

Popular Posts